As family lawyers in Albany, NY, we understand how difficult it can be for a single parent to go to college, or for a single parent to come up with enough money so that their child can go to college.
That's why we've decided to sponsor this scholarship. Divorce hurts and while your situation may seem hopeless in the short-term, we are committed to bringing you hope for a better future in the long-term.
Awards + Deadlines
- The scholarship is a one-time award of $2,000
- All applications must be received by 11:59pm MST on May 31st of each year
- A winner will be announced in July
- Funds will be sent directly to the school you will be attending.
Eligibility RequirementsYou are eligible to be considered for the scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- You have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- You are the child of a single parent, or are a single parent yourself
- You will be attending an accredited 4-year college/university or a 2-year community college for Fall.
- A current transcript MUST be submitted for consideration.
- You must submit a 500-word essay explaining how living in a single-parent household has affected your life
*Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application for consideration.