Location: Albany, New York
Email: Email Me
Location: Albany, New York
In 2005, Kevin Colwell together with his partners founded Colwell, Colwell & Petroccione, LLP to help individuals and families dealing with divorce and child custody disputes find better lives. In January of 2016 the firm changed its name to The Colwell Law Group, LLC.
After graduating from law school in 1997, Mr. Colwell served brief stints as Assistant Counsel in the Columbia County Public Defender’s Office where he represented criminal defendants and the Columbia County Department of Social Services, where he prosecuted abuse and neglect proceedings on behalf of the County. In 2000, Mr. Colwell continued his work as an Associate to the Albany law firm Roland, Fogel, Koblenz & Petroccione, LLP.
After the dissolution of Roland, Fogal, Koblenz & Petroccione, LLP in 2005, Mr. Colwell joined forces with Emilio Petroccione to form the beginnings of The Colwell Law Group, LLC. His wife, Mary Colwell joined the firm as an owner in 2008.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Separation & Annulments
- Step Parent Adoptions
- Interstate Child Support and Child Custody issues
- 30% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1998
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. – 1997
- SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, New York
- Major: Political Science
- Northeastern Conference of Seventh Day Adventists
- Empire State Petroleum Association
- Sainato’s Market LLC
- Greenwich Local Market, LLC
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1998 – Present
- Columbia County Bar Association, Member, 1998 – Present
- Albany County Bar Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Roland, Fogel, Koblenz & Petroccione, LLP, Associate, 2000 – 2005
- City of Hudson, City Attorney, 2000 – Present
- Columbia County Department of Social Services, Assistant Counsel, January 1, 2000 – August 1, 2000
Get The Best Outcome For Your ChildrenLearn how to help your kids cope with your divorce with our free guide for parents who are getting divorced or separated in New York.
Download The Free Guide Now
Reviews From Past Clients
Read & Watch Reviews From People Like You
Find out how Colwell Law Group helped Amanda get her daughter back after a one-sided custody battle.
Find out why Christian decided to retain a lawyer who specialized in divorce law & how it influenced his case.
Mary was sensitive and helpful in guiding me through a mediated separation and subsequent divorce...Phil
I retained Kevin Colwell during what was for me, the worst period of my life to date...Steve
When I first became separated, I hired a pitbull attorney so I could get back at my ex, who had wronged me...Alan
May Colwell was recommended through a friend who had recently gone through a divorce...Roger
I have hired Mary for multiple purposes in the past years for everything from family issues to traffic violations..A Roberts
Attorney Kevin Colwell (Kevin) and his firm helped my wife and I sell our house. It head been 9 years since I had sold a house so I needed to be guided through the entire process from the contract through to sale.A Real Estate Client