The Colwell Law Group is a growing family and matrimonial law firm with locations in Albany and Saratoga, New York seeking a supervising attorney for our Saratoga location. The firm has been recognized by the Albany Business Review as one of the Capital-Regions top law firms as well as acknowledged by LawFirm500 as one of the fastest-growing firms in the country. The Colwell Law Group focuses on a culture where all employees can grow and become part of a dynamic team. A work-life balance is essential to the success of the firm.
As a Supervising Attorney, you will partner with the Managing Attorney and other Supervising Attorneys to lead a successful legal team. You will also assist in navigating and representing individuals as they go through a difficult time in their lives. Prime candidates will have experience with a range of sensitive legal issues such as divorce, child abuse, child custody, and domestic violence, and be able to maintain composure, negotiate, and argue effectively in emotional and high-stress situations.
This role supervises a dedicated team of attorneys and legal support staff.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following for their dedicated team:
- Serve as direct supervisor for two (2) attorneys and one support staff member;
- Prepare and submit reports as required by the managing attorney;
- Ensure team adheres to company and legal department policies and procedures;
- Facilitate staff engagement, teamwork, collaboration and development.
- Measuring key performance indicators (KPIs) of their team;
- Monitor individual and team revenue goals and billable hours;
- Ensure client satisfaction;
- Assist in billing review and account management;
- Train and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign duties, and conduct performance reviews in conjunction with management staff;
The supervising attorneys are also responsible for successfully managing their own case load with similar, specifically defined, KPIs.
Requirements/Qualifications/About the Successful Candidate:
- A strong working knowledge of New York Family Court Act and Domestic Relations Law. Experience in litigating such matters in New York Courts.
- Humility in working with colleagues and clients across the spectrum of diversity, including race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status,
- Must have received or be willing to receive and maintain up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination (including eligible boosters) by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Membership in good standing in the New York State Bar.
- Supervisor experience strongly preferred;
- Experience supervising legal work and projects strongly preferred;
- Experience and skills in organizing and supervising legal case work and projects strongly preferred;