An ideal candidate will be admitted (or pending admission) to the New York State Bar with a desire to work in civil litigation with the key requirements of:
- Aspiration to attend court appearances, conduct settlement negotiations, and interact with clients and opposing counsel; and
- Desire to work in the matrimonial and family law field; and
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, especially interacting with clients; and
- Excellent legal research and writing skills; and
- Proactiveness, resourcefulness, and strong work ethic; and
- Ability to analyze and summarize legal documents and synthesize legal issues for litigation; and
- Extremely detail oriented, strong interpersonal skills, and manage priorities in a sensitive area of law; and
- Willingness to work in a team and contribute to the overall goals of a growing law firm.
Examples of duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a growing case load while simultaneously learning this practice area; and
- Regular and timely communication with clients; and
- Draft pleadings and various other legal documents in a timely manner; and
- Attend court appearances and conferences; and
- Provide clear and direct legal advice and strategy decisions to clients in order to effectuate their goals; and
- Achieve the billable hour requirement expected by the firm; and
- Work with the billing department for accurate and appropriate billing of clients.
Admission to the New York State Bar will be required.
Job type: Full Time
If you are available and interested, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.